Enfield, United States
4 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Your challenges
- The Supplier Quality Engineer at our facility will support EMC’s business plan by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials and outside processes.
- This comprises supplier quality related processes such as qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing. Travel to suppliers domestically and internationally, is required. Travel will be required up to 50%.
- Conducts supplier on-site audits, and follow up audits, to qualify and assess supplier’s quality and manufacturing capabilities to support the supplier qualification process, surveillance program and supplier development program.
- Drives continuous improvement in supplier performance through utilization of tools such as Six Sigma, SPC, Gauge R&R, DOE, FMEA, and 8D Root Cause Analysis, and Lean.
- Drive successful conclusions to supplier related corrective action investigations, identifying and validating root cause. Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment and drives corrective and preventative actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Drives supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection activities.
- Develops documents and maintains in-process inspection plans for process control, testing and inspection with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
- Reviews supplier submittals such as certificates of compliance (CofC), completed inspection plans, and other vendor quality documentation to assure component quality requirements are met.
- Applies appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment and drives corrective and preventative actions to address the determined problem(s).
- Develops, executes and analyzes quality-reporting measures and reports to Management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Provides quality training to functional owners and process owners as business needs dictate.
- Experience with standards such as ISO9001/ISO13485, BPE along with a working knowledge of ASME Section 9 and AWS welding requirements and inspection preferred
- Work experience in laboratory equipment manufacturing (Life science equipment such as centrifuges, shakers, freezers, bioprocess reactors and controllers) environment preferred
- Experience with quality techniques: Design and Process FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt and ASQ Quality Engineer Certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing interpersonal, group presentation, and team facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally – domestic as well as international
- Employment requires vaccination against Covid-19, or an approved accommodation due to a qualified exemption
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or a technical field required. Masters or other technical graduate degree preferred
- Requires 3 -5 years of experience in supplier quality engineering, including audit, in-depth understanding of quality concepts and principles.
- Global supplier quality experience and familiarity with wide variety of manufacturing technologies; stampings, sheet metal components, castings, electrical components (circuit boards, wire harnesses, displays, etc.), and pressure vessels.
- Duration: Direct Hire.
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Salary: 80-90K
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.