Berlin, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager in Berlin, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Supplier Quality Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for purchasing, scheduling and materials management. The role drives continuous improvement in these areas of the business from receipt of purchase order to the shipment of finished good medical devices to ensure on time delivery at a competitive price. The role requires the ability to build a strong team and foster sound relationships with internal teams and external suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Order Entry and Scheduling
- Develop and track processes to ensure that orders are processed into the system and customer confirmations are sent in a timely manner.
- Drive effective and efficient scheduling practices to ensure that materials are manufactured and available in time to fulfill orders, while not overproducing or carrying excessive inventory.
- Ensure that department schedules are maintained as balanced and predictable.
- Purchasing and Materials Management
- Drive effective purchasing processes to ensure that purchased components or materials are available as needed to support manufacturing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key external suppliers and maintain a point of escalation to address non-standard transactional communications.
- Maintain supplier files and records, track supplier performance through a supplier scorecard and report results during leadership meetings.
- Work with suppliers and internal resources to drive cost savings for purchased materials or services.
- Customer Facing Communications
- Own on time delivery to customers through open order reporting or other communication, as necessary.
- Ensure that established customer Vendor Managed Inventory programs are maintained; drive strategies for improvements or provide guidance for new programs.
- Manage the Supply plan for the S&OP process and communicate strategies or recommendations for improvements during leadership meetings.
- Minimum 4-Year degree or equivalent of directly transferrable industry work experience.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP, and CLTD) preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Supply Chain Management experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory/coaching experience.
- Demonstrated supply chain management and improvement experience.
- Ability to Train/Coach Supply Chain management principles.
- Strong leadership, communication, and change management skills
- A record of improving on time delivery through supply planning, inventory control, and production scheduling.
- Medical Device or other regulated manufacturing experience (Aerospace, Defense, Pharma., etc.)
- Knowledge of, and experience with, cGMP/ISO Standards.
- Working knowledge and experience in Lean and Six Sigma methods
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Berlin, CT.
- Salary: $90-115K
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.