Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Supply Chain Specialist - 2 year contract
Area of Expertise:
Strategic partnership and leverage of the supply base to meet the company's procurement requirements in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent's responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Commodity Management
- New product development, cost reduction projects, value engineering, traditional savings
- Develop strategies to maintain a high level of supplier on-time delivery and drive key suppliers to supplier gold
- Implement sourcing strategies that support the business needs, such as cost reductions, supplier rationalizations, and multi-sourcing and lead time management.
- Lead a number of cost reductions projects
- Lead supplier development initiatives as needed with underperforming suppliers.
Level of Responsibility:
- Responsible for projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline within a cross functional group
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with minimal guidance on projects with short and long term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of supply chain including the discipline within the role-continuing to develop specialized knowledge
- Using quality assessment tools- RRCA, PPAP
- Responsible for specific cost saving metrics annually
Typical Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in business, operations, supply chain, finance or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in commodity management experience
- Experience with specific commodities in the areas of castings/forgings, stamp parts, electronics preferred
- Experience with freight logistics and strategy
- Working in a fast paced work environment
- Familiar with sourcing with UL, FM agency certified projects.
- 3+ years in Supply Chain, Operations or Customer Service experience
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working experience in ERP system (JDE and/or SAP)
- ACE Associate Certification or Six-Sigma experience
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.