Chelmsford, United States
over 1 year ago
Sustaining Test Engineering Lead
The Sustaining Test Engineering Lead is a senior engineering professional who will provide leadership and supervision for personnel involved in sustaining test systems for released products. You will plan, coordinate and direct all sustaining engineering activities to meet organizational goals. Typical duties include implementation of cost effective test strategies, driving NFF Rate reduction, ensuring compliance to regulatory standards, monitoring qualitative and quantitative aspects of work performed by department members, provide guidance as required to develop schedules and budgets, and to complete projects according to plan. Duties also include the performance of validation for test systems in support of regulatory requirements. May also take on projects in addition to supervisory responsibilities.
Develops and mentors staff via daily activities, formal training, development plans and other tools to achieve development goals. This position will report directly to the Test Development Manager.
- 30% Supervision
- 20% Problem Resolution
- 10% Drives Test & Quality Improvements
- 10% Development of Test Development Policies and Procedures
- 10% Metric development & reporting
- 10% Project Scheduling
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in test engineering and development in an electro-mechanical assembly environment including ICT, Functional Test and Reliability Test (ESS)
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience managing a technical team.
- Ability to lead individuals, effectively utilize available resources, and delegate work effectively to achieve department and company goals.
- Working knowledge of analog, digital and high voltage circuit design.
- Working knowledge of software design.
- Project management experience.
- Proficient in test software development, preferably with LabView and TestStand.
- Proficient in most common PC based applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with FDA QSR requirements for Class 2 & 3 medical devices.
- Knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma and statistical techniques.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Engineering. BSEE Preferred