Wallingford, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a IT Systems Administrator in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) IT Systems Administrator your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software or related infrastructure. This individual partners with management and Systems Engineers to deploy and support innovative technologies in alignment with business objectives. Performs advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of infrastructure production issues. Manages day-to-day support of assigned infrastructure solutions and implements configuration changes recommended by IT Systems Engineers. Serve as escalation support for all IT Support Specialists.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install new or rebuilt existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards defined by IT Systems Engineers.
- Perform problem analysis and resolve escalated technical problems reported by users and management.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards as well as maintain consistent installation and configuration procedures.
- Identify threats or improper configurations that may impact network and system security.
- Configure and monitor infrastructure such as network, servers, access logs etc. and ensure availability to company systems.
- Evaluate and respond to system performance logs and alerts.
- Research and recommend innovative and where possible automated approaches for repetitive system administration tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media and necessary replication targets.
- Manage company file shares and permissions as well as perform identification and cleanup of unused or files available to archive.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request and manage access to company systems.
- Create and administer windows and Linux servers and ensure successful application of security updates and patches.
- Manage Office365 email infrastructure and SPAM filters.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and reconfiguration. Adjust capacity resources as directed by Systems Engineers.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental monitoring equipment.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required with 3 – 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be able to multi-task, and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to accurately follow direction of senior IT staff and to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of network LAN’s, WAN’s, Internet, and Intranet systems
- Knowledge of network and server monitoring tools to monitor and track performance.
- Knowledge of resources for troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
- Knowledge of Cloud based infrastructure – Azure, AWS.
- Knowledge of O365 backend systems
- Knowledge of virtualization and associated tools
- Knowledge of servers, installation, and support
- Knowledge of patch management solutions and anti-virus technologies
- Knowledge of global active directory administration and support
- Knowledge of ServiceNow and its administration
- Knowledge of print servers, printers, and multi-function devices
- Knowledge of SQL database administration including backup and executing scripts.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of remote systems administration including KVM, remote management ports, and web-based configuration portals.
- Skill in scripting and automating repeatable system or user procedures and processes.
- Skill to communicate professionally, both oral and written
- Skill in performing data center equipment installations including racking, cabling, and organization.
- Skill in planning such as identifying and organizing action steps to achieve a task.
- Skill to define a problem, identify root causes resulting in solutions.
- Skill at self-motivation and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill at documenting procedures and configurations that are clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a group and with employees at distant locations across the global Bio-Techne business
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work with interruptions as problems arise needing immediate attention.
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on technology trends and to support innovative technologies in accordance with business goals.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com