depends on experience
about 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to work for one of our clients in Middletown, CT.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructures that support the organization.
- Participates/facilitates problem analysis/root cause investigations.
- Ensures preventive maintenance on MHS network equipment, including switches, routers, & firewalls.
- Creates procedures and workflows that can be transitioned to support personnel.
- Supports network connectivity internal and remote to meet business initiatives.
- Creates technical documentation for systems and processes worked on for future reference.
- Provides Tier 3 support for areas including Cisco switches and routers, Fortinet firewalls, and F5 LTM & APM, Cisco wireless controllers.
- Works with Support teams to provide problem resolution.
- Provides project management for IT projects ensuring project goals are successfully met.
- Demonstrates initiative by recognizing and performing duties which need to be performed without prompting from supervisor and by completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self-management and development by working independently with little management intervention.
- Learning and adapting to new techniques and tools, a willingness to take risks staying current through independent research, seminars, vendor conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Current CCNA or CCNP certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional).
- 3-5 years of experience in an Enterprise Network environment.
- Familiar with network protocols such as TCP\IP, CDP, HSRP, BGP.
- VPN configuration experience.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range $80-95K (depending on experience)