Shelton, United States
5 months ago
We are working with a local CPA firm seeking an experienced tax director for their team. The individual we seek should be interested in providing high quality client service and the opportunity for partnership, personal growth, professional development and recognition.
- Perform tax compliance functions including tax return preparation and review for high net worth individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and private foundations.
- Conduct complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive income tax projections that incorporate multiple scenarios in order to determine optimal tax planning strategies.
- Research tax issues and formulate opinions.
- Proactively keep apprised of the ever-changing tax landscape.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff.
- Manage a book of business and/or participate in marketing-related activities.
- CPA certification (required for manager level).
- Minimum of 10 years recent tax experience in public accounting.
- Strong technical tax skills and research capabilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships including Firm practice development.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.