Trumbull, United States
almost 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Technical Accounting Manager in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Technical Accounting Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
This position will be a key member of the organization reporting directly to the Global Controller. This role operates proactively and will interface with the corporate office and business segment personnel at various levels of the Company, as well as with internal and external auditors. Primary responsibilities include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos and providing technical support throughout the organization. Regular responsibilities include reviewing contracts for proper revenue recognition accounting under ASC 606, embedded leases under ASC 842 and business acquisitions under ASC 805.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to business leaders regarding complex financial accounting and reporting issues and transaction structuring
- Interpret and implement Company accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Provide expertise to the business in all technical accounting areas with particular focus on revenue recognition, business combinations, lease accounting, inventory and long-lived assets
- Manage/support the business teams in preparing quarterly accounting documentation and preparation of appropriate accounting procedures and policies
- Prepare accounting positions and accounting policy memos
- Ensure the business is compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), stays current on reissued / new Corporate policies and impact
- Maintain relationships with business partners to ensure early identification of transactions that could have a potential accounting/reporting impact
- Serve as a business partner to review and analyze contracts for revenue recognition
- Develop and provide accounting training as necessary
- Assist Global Controller on special projects and with other responsibility as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 7 years of experience in an accounting position
- Strong US GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus
- Technical accounting experience in public or private company
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- At least 3 years at a public accounting firm
- Progressive technical accounting experience from a large public manufacturing business
- Revenue Recognition, Leases, Long-Lived Asset Impairment Testing & Business Combination accounting experience
- Experience with contract reviews to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Cross-functional teamwork
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Must be able to travel
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT
- Salary: Salary Range: 120,000 - 150,000
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: Office: 9AM - 5:30PM
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com