Woburn, United States
4 months ago
Associate Technical Support Specialist
The Associate Technical Support Specialist role is a field service engineer, or biomedical engineer with demonstrated strong communication skills and customer focus. Role will be organized around two main duties.
- First point of contact for Field Service support questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Service Quoting
It includes direct customer contact, primarily by telephone or email, to respond to customer queries and complaints.
This position is hybrid office/remote based and reports to the Director of Global Service.
Essential Responsibilities: The employee may be required to perform all, or a combination of the following essential responsibilities as determined by business necessity.
- Respond to, record in Salesforce, and answer post-sales, and complaint related questions. Monitor technical support phone and Salesforce queue. Create service cases in Salesforce. Triage customer issues. Resolve customer issues remotely. Allocate resources to resolve issues remotely or onsite as required.
- Coordinate with all departments as needed to execute Technical Support responsibilities. Examples:
- R&D – Customer questions and product feedback.
- Marketing - New product information.
- Sales – New Lead information, key accounts monitoring
- Quality – Report complaints, update processes to maintain high quality.
- Stay current on new and existing products, applications, and techniques.
- Processing of part/instrument returns to prepare for MRB/refurbishment (disinfecting may be required)
Creates billable service quotes as needed and communicates with customers while awaiting purchase order. Understands service entitlements and acts appropriately with business goals in mind.
- 4 Year degree life or physical sciences. Experience with molecular biology, Next Generation Sequencing, nucleic acid extraction, and/or proteomics.
- Interest and ability to work with customers via phone and email.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Understanding of various service entitlement types.
- 1+ years’ experience in laboratory environment or working with lab instrumentation.
- Experience in a customer facing role a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.
- Previous experience with salesforce highly desired.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Travel required: Less than 10%