White Plains, United States
5 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services is seeking a Technical Writer for an exciting project with a leading Fortune 100 consumer products company in White Plains, NY. Excellent work environment, competitive pay with full benefits package that includes medical insurance, 401K and more!
Project Overview ?
This role will support the Internal Business Controls for implementing an enterprise-wide internal controls program and transitioning to a more structured, robust and sustainable framework . A technical writer will support and advance embedding best practices within business control environment.
Job Functions & Responsibilities ?
Business Controls is looking for an intermediate to experienced technical writer. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for producing concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate will work collaboratively with the BC team as well as technical engineers, planners and other key business stakeholders to support and contribute to the overall success of business controls.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with the BC team to gain an in-depth understanding of BC’s various programs and documentation requirements.
• Produce concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries that meet industry standards and are easily understood by technical teams.
• Create brief, written summaries of large technical documents, interviews, presentations at committee meetings and project meetings.
• Create related user help guides for BC programs and BC’s knowledge base site.
Required Skills ?
• Experience in technical writing capacity in the utility, electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering industries.
• Proven experience drafting and editing high quality, technical documents.
• Strong knowledge of MS office products like Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft.
• Knowledge of SharePoint publishing features.
• Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with representatives of various departments.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Writing or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 5 years professional technical writing experience related to engineering disciplines (electrical or mechanical engineering, etc.)