Wilmington, United States
7 days ago
(Temp or Temp to Direct Position)
The Test Technician will be a critical part of the R&D Test Team supporting the innovative battery technology development. Specifically, the Test Technician will be responsible for working with battery R&D Test Engineers to design/build and run their test requirements into executable battery test plans. The Test Technician will assist in cell characterization, calendar life, cycle life and abuse tests.
- HDPE Welding. (training provided)
- Electronic circuit trouble shooting.
- Creating test environments that exercise and determine limits of the product.
- Perform testing plans, which include test specific programming of test equipment.
- Perform stack cell measurements, record data and provide quality interpretation of electrical data.
- Support implementation of environmental and safety best practices.
- Troubleshoot and Maintain repair mechanical and electrical test equipment.
- Suggest fixes and improvements.
- Document technical issues and solutions, as well as test procedures.
- Working with Electrical/Mechanical groups to build automated testing systems to test product.
- The correct candidate will be trained and work towards test stand operation. A full understanding of the test stands will be the desired goal for this position.
- AS degree in engineering or previous experience as a Test Technician or similar role
- Familiarity with various testing equipment, oscilloscope, multimeter, impedance meter, DAQ
- Great electromechanical troubleshooting skills
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to obtain a fork truck DOT license.
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Experience and confidence working with hand tools and machine tools (bandsaw, drill press etc.)
- limited field work/travel requirements of 10%
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills and inner drive. The successful candidate will be a hands-on problem solver and work primarily in a lab environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Working with chemical solutions is required.
- Electromechanical skills are required for this position.
- HDPE Pipe welding
- Electronic troubleshooting of Wago, Motor drive, Pumps, Power Supplies and Loads.
- Sensors used are pressure, temperature, flow, level, voltage and current. 4-20ma and analog sensors are used.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Fluent in English
Location: Wilmington, MA
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.
Submit resumes to: Sherrine.firstname.lastname@example.org