We have an excellent opportunity for a technician with skills in basic electricity, mechanical aptitude, use of personal computers and MS Excel, to test a variety of residential and commercial products. In this role, a technician will work closely with engineers, apply problem-solving and independent-thinking skills, and learn to use the latest equipment and techniques.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, Technical School certificate or degree, or military training preferred.
- Desired Experience in any of the following: Gas heating products, gas plumbing (license preferred, electrical wiring (low to high voltage – licensed preferable), gas appliances, HVAC products - certificate/degree preferred, 10 years of field service installation and/or repair work on HVAC products (residential and commercial), automotive technology degree with 10 years’ experience at a major manufacturer dealership, 5-years’ experience in a manufacturing environment for HVAC products, fork lift products, automotive manufacturing products, gas/diesel engine manufacturing, industrial machinery manufacturing,
- Strong command of tools: hand tools, power tools, digital multimeter, gas flue analyzers, temperature & pressure data acquisition, use of measurement sensors.
- Basic computer skills – Excel, Word, file creation, able to create graphs/charts, and apply basic statistical concepts to data.
- Basic math skills – high school senior to junior college level.
- Strong work ethic – attention to detail, ability to apply on the job learned concepts and skills to ongoing/new projects, ability to work alone on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet physical requirements, such as standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.