Test Technicians (3)
Billerica, United States
over 1 year ago
Performs a variety of electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical and other diagnostic tests on capital equipment, sub-assemblies, and parts to ensure units function according to specifications or to define the cause of failure using electronic tools and other instruments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Schedules testing according to work orders and/or test schedule. Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
- Defines testing procedures and equipment used for testing. Uses wiring diagrams, schematics, or other references to determine performance specifications.
- Inspects system components and manages calibration following specifications.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified conditions. Connects units to be tested to test equipment and reads dials or digital displays. Compares test results with specifications and records or plots test results.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to define cause of failure.
- Replaces defective wiring or components using hand tools as necessary or records defects and returns it to the applicable function for repair.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production control, or manufacturing regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- May write test procedures or computer programs to control testing specifications.
- Provides training or demonstration of testing procedures to other workers, as needed.
- Verifies the dimensions and alignment of parts using calipers, gauges, micrometers, or other tools.