Stratford, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker in Stratford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Must be able to construct new tooling and/or make major alterations to machines, tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges using appropriate Toolroom equipment with attention to detail, tolerances and quality working with Management and Engineering.
- Read and interpret blueprints, make detailed sketches, and work from verbal instructions to make or modify existing tooling.
- Fabricate Parts for machines in all departments and crib stock items using various tool steels, aluminum, and plastics.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to trouble shoot and resolve machine or tooling issues.
- Troubleshoot machine problems with little or no supervisory instruction.
- Make sure work performed is checked for accuracy and proper fit.
- Layout and perform all bench & required machine operations.
- Work and communicate well with management and co-workers.
- Record all changes made to tooling or machines and submit to Department Foreperson or Supervisor for review.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards.
- Set-up and operate Toolroom equipment including but not limited to Mill, Lathe, Grinders, and Saws.
- Ability to learn set-up and programming of 3, 4, & 5 Axis CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, Sinker EDM, & Wire EDM.
- Capable to learn the use of Solidworks, Esprit, and Mastercam software for programming and design.
- Good Computer skills.
- Strong knowledge in geometry and algebra.
- Possess own basic precision measuring tools.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy and steel properties.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills.
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a machinist/toolmaker or completion of machining vocational education program.
100% performed in plant facilities with extensive noise and machinery running.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com