Cromwell, United States
about 2 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker in Cromwell, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Machinist/Model Maker will support Manufacturing and Engineering and will be responsible for designing, fabricating, and repairing production jigs & fixtures as well as custom machining of precision prototype components.
- Balance of workload to support manufacturing and engineering. Design, build and validate jigs and fixtures as well as working with engineering to implement and fabricate new prototype machined components.
- Proficient and experienced with the set-up, safe operation and day-to-day maintenance of manual mills, lathes, and surface grinding equipment.
- Reads and understands blueprints as required to create and build new fixtures, tools, and machined components.
- Operation of machining equipment as required, to ensure a quality product is produced within specifications.
- Uses tools to build fixtures; creates and constructs new fixtures.
- Repairs tools when needed; disassembles jigs, tools, and fixtures, then reassembles when repaired.
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software. Ability to use CAD software to create designs and/or turn designs into blueprints is a plus.
- Inspects completed tools for signs of imperfection or damage that may affect functionality.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of machining and tooling needed to work with: tool steels, aluminum, Delrin and various other construction materials.
- Working understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Ability to use basic measurement gages and inspection equipment to validate machining accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with engineers and machinists.
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working on Haas machines.
- Own cubical. Combination of desk work and floor.
- Model maker cnc fixtures engineering prototypes.
- Heavy drills.
- Manual lathe machines
- On-the job training available.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Cromwell, CT.
- Salary: 25-29hr.
- Benefits: yes- medical, dental, vision,
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 1 week shut down that is paid.
- Gym reimbursement.
- Life insurance employer paid.
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com