Cromwell, United States
11 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker in Cromwell, CT. As a Tool Maker your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Responsible for designing, fabricating, and repairing production jigs & fixtures as well as custom machining of precision prototype components.
- Balance of workload to support manufacturing and engineering.
- Proficient and experienced with the set-up, safe operation and day-to-day maintenance of manual mills, lathes, and surface grinding equipment.
- Reads and understands blueprints as required to create and build new fixtures, tools, and machined components.
- Operation of machining equipment as required, to ensure a quality product is produced within specifications.
- Uses tools to build fixtures; creates and constructs new fixtures.
- Repairs tools when needed; disassembles jigs, tools, and fixtures, then reassembles when repaired.
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software. Ability to use CAD software to create designs and/or turn designs into blueprints is a plus.
- Inspects completed tools for signs of imperfection or damage that may affect functionality.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of machining and tooling needed to work with: tool steels, aluminum, Delrin and various other construction materials.
- Working understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Ability to use basic measurement gages and inspection equipment to validate machining accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with engineers and machinists.
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Model maker cnc fixtures engineering prototypes.
- On-the job training available.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Cromwell, CT.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 1 week shut down that is paid.
- Gym reimbursement.
- Life insurance employer paid.
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com