Milford, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Staffing is a 50-year old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. and 5 in Mass. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Tooling Engineer (RD&E) to work for one of our clients in Shelton, CT on a direct hire basis.
The candidate will be responsible for complete ownership of tool engineering activities relating to new product development and some ongoing manufacturing support. Duties also include activities focusing on the company and departmental objectives in respect to increasing revenue, cost reduction and improved quality.
· Design thermoform tooling for new product concepts using company tool standards, specifications, and good engineering practices.
· Develop, maintain, and continuously update tool design and fabrication standards to meet company’s objectives.
· Manage all aspect of tooling projects to ensure timely delivery of tools that meet company quality standards as well as keeping the tool cost within budget.
· SMED – Tool Design for Manufacturing / Quick Change.
· Ability to identify tool design issues (Forming Tool, Trim Assemblies (Steel Rule Knife & Matched Metal), & Product Stackers).
· Has ability to identify improvements to standardized work within the tool procurement processes.
· Interact closely with engineering, manufacturing and tool maintenance personnel to identify issues and their appropriate solutions.
· Work with product and tooling engineers to recommend long-term improvements to new products and tool designs.
· Work with internal and external tool manufacturers to drive quality, cost reduction and lead time reduction.
· Has the ability to analyze quality data to make improvements to tool output CTQ specifications.
· Work with Quality to develop QA gauges for new products and existing products as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Skilled in 3D solid modeling software, SolidWorks experience is preferred.
· Specific knowledge of product and tool design for this gauge thermoforming is required. Knowledge of injection molding tooling/process is a plus.
· Strong problem-solving skills with good mechanical aptitude.
· Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred.
· Good communication and leadership skills.
· Knowledge of manufacturing environment involving plastic processes.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment.
· Education and/or Experience - Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering. Alternatively, the candidate must have 5 years (or more) of thermoform tool design experience. Requires five years or more relevant engineering, machine shop or manufacturing experience in consumer products within a plastic thermoforming environment. Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Milford, CT.
Salary: 1st shift, direct hire with benefits Salary flexible depending on experience.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.