For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Toolmaker at our client in North Haven, CT. This is a permanent opportunity.
Responsible for making jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, machine tools, cutting tools (such as milling cutters and form tools), gauges, and other tools used in manufacturing processes.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Toolmakers work with all manufacturing departments and the manufacturing engineering department to support production and IR&D. This position reports to the Toolroom Supervisor.
- Produce tooling, gauges, and fixtures to manufacture metal c-rings, e-rings, and o-rings.
- Work with precision dies, go/no-go gauges, stretch rolls, forming rolls, and other related metal forming tools.
- Set-up and proficiently operate all tool room machinery and equipment to fabricate, assemble, modify, and repair a wide range of tools from Engineering and/or Tool Design drawings.
- Perform all calculations of material and machine cutters (speeds and feeds)
- Operate manual lathes, milling machines, surface grinders
- Read and interpret blueprints, understand basics of design and offer design improvements where necessary.
- Sets up and uses precision measuring tools and checks own work for conformance to specifications
- Set up and conducts tool prove out on new and reworked tools
- Communicate with others on work order status and completion of work
High school diploma.
• Minimum 5 years experience using lathes, milling, turning and grinding equipment
• Minimum 5 years experience in rolling or metal-forming environment
• Ability to read, evaluate and work from engineering drawings
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
Location: North Haven, CT.
Duration: Permanent Direct Hire
Pay: Open depending on experience.