Bethel, United States
about 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Toolroom Supervisor in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Toolroom Supervisor your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Supervisor working in this position will be directly responsible building and repairing all tooling for use in the manufacture of products and prototypes. This individual will also have supervisory duties for the direct labor associates within this department. The ideal candidate possesses strong CNC skills, prior supervisory experience and an aptitude for hands-on problem solving. This position requires good working knowledge of machining various materials, equipment care and maintenance, with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Supervise direct labor associates within this department.
- Manage tooling request priorities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide accurate time and material estimates from prints.
- Machine parts to print, sketch, or descriptive requirements using available tools and equipment.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to produce and repair tooling and machine components.
- Provide constructive input on designs to make them easier to manufacture or lower cost.
- Work in a team environment to support company’s key projects and initiatives.
- Provide cost savings and process/product improvement ideas.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Responsible for training junior level machinist(s).
- Oversee department budget / spending (ultimate responsibility lies with the MFG Manager)
- Maintain equipment, and model shop tooling and supplies to support work.
- Interact with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Logistics and HR as required
Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- 10 years minimum machining experience
- Lathe, Bridgeport miller, Surface & OD grinding, EDM, CNC Mill, and CNC Lathe
- CAD / CAM experience required. Preferably Solidworks, GibbsCAM, or CamWorks.
- Multi-axis machining experience a plus, but not required.
- Drilling and tapping, welding gas, TIG
- 1-year minimum supervisory experience
- General Metallurgy knowledge relating to the heat treatment of metals to produce desired hardness.
Excellent communication / organizational skills a must.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general prints and specifications.
Must be fluent / literate in English and have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Bethel, CT
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org