Mendota Heights, United States
5 months ago
Seeking a Technical Trainer to work on a large, global software development initiative.
High Level Summary
This role helps design and deliver on-the-job training in support of successful system or module implementations, utilizing methods and best practices in adult learning and instructional design.
- Utilizes a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Plans and implements an effective training curriculum.
- DelDevelops or selects teaching aids or training materials such as training handbooks, demonstration models, visual aids, tutorials and reference works.
- Schedules training sessions
- Provides technical training to global colleagues via virtual and live instructor environments, across multiple locations and time zones.
- Creates monitoring strategies to ensure that trainees are performing job duties according to training.
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
- Assists trainees with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to their positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, human resources, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in training
- Certification from talent and training associations a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of training techniques and individual learning styles.
- Experience designing and implementing curricula preferred
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms
- Able to prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Must be able to effectively read, write and speak English.
- May require the need to travel to other locations.
- Willing and able to work extended hours as needed.