Wallingford Center, United States
7 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Operator in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Warehouse Operator your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Preparation of shipments, Storage of supplies and products, receive supplies and distribution, Receive and store purchased FG, Receive and store purchased RM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate and prepare products for shipment
- Organize and store materials
- Load and unload trucks
- Make labels using printer and computer terminal
- Transport supplies to proper departments
- Call freight forwarders for daily truck pickups
- Use CRT for information retrieval and data entry
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be able to speak on phone
- Operate LAN based Personal Computer and business ERP system
- Employee will be required to pick 200-400 pails of liquid chemical in a day. Picking will be between 24 to 48 inches. Picking from 40-60# will be constant and 80# will be occasional
- Employee will be required to lift fuel tanks onto the forklifts weighing 75# to a height of 56 inches
- Employee will be required to manipulate controls and steering wheel of forklift
- Employee will be required to sit for greater than 50% of day on forklift
- Employee will be required to lift pails (40-80#) to 52 inches to load the tilt machine for sampling
- Employee will be required to turn crank constantly to tip the tilt machine
- Employee will be required to carry up to 40# of samples 20 feet
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, and stair climbing
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math aptitude
- Read and write English
- Duration: 6 months temp to permanent
- Location: North Haven, CT.
- Salary: 16hr. if 2nd shift $1.00 shift differential
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 2nd shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com