Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist in Thomaston, CT.
This position involves the use of CNC (Computer Numeric Control) machine shop equipment. Primarily Vertical Turret Lathe with Fanuc Controls and 5 axis Mori DMG with Siemens controls.
As a (an) CNC Machinist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Set up and operate, with knowledge of desirable speeds and feeds for various alloys. Ability to safely and effectively fixture and set up a variety of castings of various sizes and shapes. Knowledge of standard G codes, ability to use various measuring equipment to verify work performed along with the ability to offset and edit if needed to attain a quality part the first time every time. The ability to program is desirable. Most of the work is done on castings in a high mixed low volume environment.
- Set up and operate CNC 5 Axis Milling
- Vertical and Horizontal Machining
- Experience with Mastercam preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks a plus
Education / Certification:
- High school graduate preferred - will consider commensurate experience. Has passed Certification Test established by the Company for each machine that is used without close supervision.
- Experience in Mastercam on horizontal CNC milling machine as well as VTL.
- Program and setup 5 axis machine.
- Working knowledge of other forms of CAD software, Vericut and SolidWorks is a plus.
- Understand GD&T, read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to hold tight tolerances.
- Strong verbal communication.
- Assist in helping operators to maintain production and quality.
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Location: Thomaston, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.