Contract Employee Benefits
The work week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. We implement an electronic timecard system where employees enter their time online, and managers can approve timecards online. A timecard with a manager’s signature must be received before a paycheck can be released. Electronic timecards must be submitted by the end of the workweek. The payroll deadline for approvals is 10:00am every Monday.
Contract employees can sign up for direct deposit at the time of hire.
An employee may be eligible for state workers’ compensation benefits for job-related injuries. If an employee is injured while performing a job-related duty, the employee should immediately report the accident to his/her supervisor. If the injury results in an absence from work, a letter from a doctor stating that the employee is physically well enough to return to work is required prior to, or on, the date of return.
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
This IRS-approved plan allows Lighthouse employees to have weekly medical insurance premiums deducted from their paychecks pre-tax. Reducing taxable earnings leads to fewer taxes being taken out of the employee’s pay on a weekly basis.
Staffing 360 Solutions values the contributions of our employees, and we are pleased to offer a full suite of benefits from the Aetna Health Insurance Plans:
- Major Medical: 2 Plan Options
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC)
- Fixed Indemnity: 2 Plan Options
- Short-Term Disability
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- All plans except Major Medical and MEC: All employees are eligible following a 30-day waiting period from their date of hire.
- Major Medical and MEC: Your eligibility depends on if you are classified as a Full-time or Variable Hour employee. Your status, Full-time or Variable Hour, is determined when you are hired and is based upon the average number of hours you are expected to work over a period of time.
- Full-time status: If you are expected to work on average at least 30 hours or more per week for six consecutive months when you are hired you are considered Full-time. Full-time employees are eligible for Major Medical and MEC after a 30-day waiting period from their date of hire.
- Variable Hour status: If it cannot be determined that you are expected to work on average at least 30 hours or more per week for six consecutive months when you are hired you are considered Variable Hour. To become eligible, Variable Hour employees must work 780 hours in a 6-month look-back period. Meaning, you must have been employed by Staffing 360 Solutions for at least 6 months and have worked 780 hours within the last 6 months.
Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc., and Subsidiaries 401(k)
For the 2021 Plan Year, the Company will make a safe harbor matching contribution. The annual safe harbor matching contribution will be equal to 100% of your salary deferral contributions that do not exceed 3% of your compensation, plus 50% of your salary deferral contributions that exceed 3% of your compensation but do not exceed 5% of your compensation. The company-matched contribution for 2021 will be made by the end of 2022.
The advantage of 401(k) is that Staffing 360 has researched and carefully considered all the options in order to provide you with high-quality investment choices. You get to decide about the allocation plan that makes you comfortable. Once you have determined how your 401(k) account will be invested, your savings will be automatically invested as you have directed every time your contributions are deposited into the plan.
Participating in the Staffing 360 Solutions 401(k) plan is the first and most important step on your journey to retirement. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can manage your account and make periodic updates as your needs change.