Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Thermal Design Engineer in Milford, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
We are seeking a self-sufficient detail oriented Thermal/Mechanical Engineer. The candidate must be able to work on several projects at one time while maintaining a high personal standard of performance to support the growing engineering operations. This position reports directly to our Director of Mechanical Engineering and will be at our Milford, MA facility.
- Plan, conceptualize, and design advanced electronics thermal management solutions using heat transfer principles to meet optimal thermal performance.
- Perform electronics thermal analysis requiring experience in heat transfer including liquid cooled, air-cooled, two-phase flow, and refrigeration thermal solutions for Mission Systems platforms systems such as airborne, ground based, and naval applications.
- Lead designs by owning mechanical/thermal requirements, thermal architecture, thermal performance as well as structural integrity of the design.
- Document engineering calculations to support design work, create simulation reports and provide written presentations to internal and external customers.
- Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration.
- Develop new techniques and simulation capabilities to reduce overall simulation and design cycle time.
- Design of small form factor Compute/Storage servers, from thermal and structural perspective.
- Execute power and performance benchmark tests on new hardware.
- Develop static, dynamic, linear, and nonlinear solid mechanic models.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays on track.
- Ability to perform under pressure while maintaining schedule dates.
- Maintain sustaining engineering tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field.
- 4-5 years of experience in designing thermal management solutions, primarily using heat transfer principles.
- Firm grasp of Mil Standards, engineering concepts, and experience designing thermal/mechanical products.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, CFD simulation.
Duration: Direct Hire -Permanent
Location: Milford, MA.
Salary: $ Depending on Skills, Experience, and Education
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.