Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead Database Engineer for a client in New Haven, CT. Remote 140K salary, not bonus eligible
Needs to have 4-5 years experience leading a team (will lead 3 DBA’s on this team).
Need to have DB2 on mainframe, DB2 on windows, DB2 on Linux and DB2 on SQL Server experience.
Need to be open to learning the technology as they will be an escalation point.
Manages team responsible for database engineering; supervises the Database Engineers responsible for day-to-day support of all data bases and data warehouses. Provides Tier 2 and 3 customer support for all service requests for client-server and Mainframe applications requiring databases.
- Responsible for staff/employee administration (staffing recommendations, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, work assignments, resource planning, etc.).Trains or provides appropriate training for employees; coaches, provides feedback and support, counsels and motivates employees.
- Oversees day to day support and service delivery related to the aforementioned function(s).
- Supervises/oversees project related activities associated with his/her functional responsibilities. Encompasses working with project management professionals (internal and external), as well as self-management of less complex project activities in accordance with established project management processes and procedures.
- Manages vendor relations for the functions he/she is responsible for; assists with vendor identification and selection, contract negotiation and statement of work (SOW) reviews.
- Adheres to ITS/SSS policy, process and procedures and proactively seeks opportunities to enhance existing ITS ITIL processes (service requests, incident and problem management, change management, etc.). Develops and refines process and procedures specific to functional responsibilities.
- Evaluates and recommends technology solutions; participates in decisions regarding purchase and selection, in-house development and modification, assessment and implementation.
- Contributes to formulation of operational and tactical plans related to the functions he/she is responsible for.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple initiatives
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound judgment in decision making
- Proficient in Management of Relational Database Systems and Technologies - specifically SQL Server, DB2 (z\OS and Distributed)
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Quickly assess and address staff related issues or differences
- Ensures team and individual staff goals are aligned with IT strategic vision
- Self-motivated individual capable of thinking out of the box
- Possesses an open minded approach, listens to the opinions of others, strong teamwork mentality, avoids or quickly resolves conflict, and completes tasks in a timely manner
- Takes a proactive approach to identify areas needing improvement and develops plans to address them
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 7-10 years of IT experience including supervising team(s) responsible for database administration and support in an enterprise environment or equivalent combination of training and experience
- ITIL Foundation certificate
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: New Haven, CT Hybrid or Remote
Pay Rate: $138450 to 140000K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org