New Britain, United States
5 months ago
- Responsible for various loan and payment processing involving residential, business banking and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. Work with existing staff to process transaction level activity in support of the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), the CARES Act and general deferment activity.
- Processes the forgiveness transactions for the Disaster Assistance (EIDL) loans and grants where the customer also has a funded PPP loan.
- Assists in the set-up, transactional payments, application of government support and return to accrual of deferrals for the 1,000+ Business and Professional Banking Accounts.
- Balances the SBA transactional account (DDA).
- Applies the monthly payments for the CARES act loans.
- Assists with the design, implementation and monthly execution of the SBA 1502 report, the process by which we transact with the SBA.
- Performs basic to moderately complex general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of transaction and ledger accounts.
- Prepares records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 2 - 4 years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred
- Account reconciliation
- Payment processing
- Ability to post entries and update loan records
- Attention to detail
Part time hours- 20-30 hours 4-5 hours a day in the morning 5 days per week. Hours may increase.