Raleigh, United States
almost 3 years ago
We are working with a client in the Raleigh area looking for a Controller. This role is responsible for overall accounting and compliance activities for 175+ reporting entities. This person will be heavily involved in identifying and implementing new technologies and processes to improve efficiency.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Complex contract reviews; design new business models.
- Assist in the redesign of the future global controller organization. Identify new talent and identify synergies across the organizations to create a more efficient and effective accounting and compliance team.
- Responsible for research and ensuring proper adoption/application of technical accounting pronouncements.
- Oversee the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Responsible for all month-end closing and reporting activities.
- Coordinate with FP&A and Operations teams where analysis is required to prepare journal entries or to review entities before certifying in OneStream.
- Ensure accruals posted for all unprocessed activity as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- Coordinate completion of Quarterly Rep Letter, Disclosure & Controls Survey, Quarterly impairment testing, Goodwill Impairment testing and other corporate compliance activities.
- Responsible for any international accounting and reporting.
- Work with FP&A to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts.
- Support internal audit program..
- Assess and provide feedback to fully develop high-performing accounting team.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings initiatives.
- Ensure timely processing of AP, T&E, Fixed Asset, Treasury, and other accounting activities.
- Responsible for submission of tax packages for actuals, forecast and budget, and coordination with tax team on compliance efforts.
- Ensure effective Accounting & Compliance team succession plans.
- Change management experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Fluent in English
- Significant Experience in US GAAP
- Experience in a shared service/ COE environment
- LEAN/ GB experience preferred