Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician to work for one of our clients in Shelton, CT.
Responsible for the technical support of key production processes and equipment. Works to resolve technical issues and to optimize equipment and process performance. Support cell implementation efforts and other projects related to improving the LEAN manufacturing environment. Assists on new process set-up. Develops documents and improves manufacturing processes and methods by performing the following duties. Generates and maintains machine settings and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and documents settings and programs for machines as identified.
- Trouble shoots process issues as required.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of process changes.
- Audits processes as required.
- Performs trials and tests using approved methods.
- Documents best practices.
- Selects and implements tooling as required.
Product support (as required)
- Provides the Manufacturing Engineering with feedback on the manufacturability of specific aspect of new product designs.
- Assists in writing manufacturing documentation for new product or processes as requested.
- Collects cost information for products and processes as required.
- Develops training documentation for new processes and products.
Installation of new equipment
- Assists on project team in the implementation of new equipment and processes including training when required.
- Participate on project teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make suggestions to address these issues.
- Standardize best practices across departments.
Ability to read work orders, production drawings, visual scheduling board and receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, production associates and the general public.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. GED/High School Diploma required. Vocational/technical education or certification in a related engineering/manufacturing field preferred.
Computer proficiency including basic Microsoft Excel skills required.
Other Skills and/or Requirements:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Exhibits a sense of urgency
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership to seek out answers
- Upholds organizational Values
- Works in a safer manner
While performing the duties of this job, the Manufacturing Technician is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to walk and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 3 month temp to hire
- Pay range: $18/hour
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.