Bethel, United States
2 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Tool Maker your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The main focus of the individual working in this position is producing and repairing tooling for use in production or in the manufacture of prototypes. This position requires good working knowledge of machining various materials, equipment care and maintenance, with a strong emphasis on safety. Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Machine parts to print, sketch, or descriptive requirements using available tools and equipment.
- Create and troubleshoot programs for CNC lathe and mills (4 and 5 axis).
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to produce and repair tooling and machine components.
- Provide constructive input on designs to make them easier to manufacture or lower cost.
- Work in a team environment to support company’s key projects and initiatives.
- Provide cost savings and process/product improvement ideas.
- Provide accurate time and material estimates from prints.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Self starter, must be able to work under minimal supervision and guidance.
Maintain equipment, and model shop tooling and supplies to support work
5-7 years minimum machining experience
- Lathe, Bridgeport miller, Surface & OD grinding, CNC Mill, and CNC Lathe
- Familiarity with Haas, and DMG controls
- CAD / CAM experience required. Preferably Solidworks, GibbsCAM, and CamWorks.
- Multi-axis machining experience required.
General Metallurgy knowledge relating to the heat treatment of metals to produce desired hardness.
Good communication skills a must.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general prints and specifications.
Communicate with peers and management regarding any issues that may arise.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: 28-33hr.
- Benefits: Yes.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com