Windsor, United States
18 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 1st shift Burr Hand in Winsor, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform a variety of duties to burr and break edges on aircraft engine parts according to instructions contained in operation sheets.
- Work from operations sheets or instructions from parts coordinator or department supervisor.
- As outlined in operations sheets, gather tools and other equipment needed to deburr parts.
- Layout abrasives and air guns required for each part or operation. If needed, set-up holding devices such as rotary and hydraulic tables. Use carbide drills, emery cratex and flat wheels, PSA discs, buffing and wire sheets and diamond files according to the operation requirements.
- Operate burr guns of different configurations or buffing machines to bring about dimensions required on operations sheets. Prepare first piece and submit along with appropriate documentation to In-Process Inspector. Inspect own work using micrometers, calipers, verniers, GO-NOGO gage blocks and pins and visual aids.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area in accordance with 6S principles.
- Comply with all safety regulations including wearing required protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read operation sheets.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com