White Plains, United States
about 1 year ago
This position will lead and support the development and day to day execution of strategic sourcing strategies for the larger and more complex equipment and commodities that the client uses to produce and deliver power, as well as equipment used by other New York State (NYS) entities supported by the client including the Canals Corporation.
12 month contract opportunity!!
• Perform market analysis to understand supply base and market forces for category, including monitoring commodity trends and analyzing the impact on equipment cost models.
• Build total cost of ownership models.
• Support development and maintenance of Equipment & Commodities category strategies and initiatives in coordination with the Category Manager.
• Design and execute strategic sourcing events.
• Carry out fact-based discussions with suppliers to come to agreement on the terms and conditions for new or renewed contracts.
• Highly collaborative team-oriented individual, who has proven ability to build relationships with technical and business resources.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while delivering solid action-oriented results quickly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Procurement experience with the proven ability to establish category management capabilities to drive compliance, performance, reduce cost, and reduce risk.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively leverage data to support business decisions.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key suppliers.
• Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship, both internally and externally.
• Understanding of the types of equipment & commodities that NYPA and the NYS entities NPYA supports use, including electric generation and transmission equipment and marine equipment