Bethel, United States
over 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Machine Operator in Bethel, CT
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) 2nd shift Machine Operator your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Highly skilled operator to execute key phases of high precision tube and wire manufacturing including, but not limited to, tube and bar drawing, heat treating, precision cutting and centerless grinding. Complete all responsibilities per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions. Assist management to schedule and set priorities for the orders on the floor. Assist maintenance and engineering with identifying area for improvements to the equipment, process steps and documentation. Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment. Communicate effectively to optimize Quality, Safety and Efficiency.
- Manage the set up and operation of machines for maximum efficiency.
- Set-up and maintain wire/tube processing equipment according to production schedule and quality standards – making minor adjustments as necessary.
- Operate more than one equipment within an assigned work cell.
- Perform in-process inspections and analyze data required by work instructions, routers, and other specifications. Must be able to perform required inspections using precision measuring instruments, pin gauges, laser micrometer and other tools.
- Document basic process observations such as dimensional and shape changes of the product, tooling and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Inspect drawing dies and tooling before and after each use.
- Inventory tools, fixtures and consumables for the assigned area.
- Work with logistics personnel to meet corporate on-time delivery, scrap and shipment goals.
- Collect information to work with manufacturing engineering to improve processes, reduce scrap and increase productivity.
- Oversee that production/development paperwork conforms to GMP.
- Enforce line clearance procedure.
- Track work order status and flow.
- Other responsibilities as required by Supervisor or Manufacturing Manager.
- Enter/maintain work orders using an electronic ERP system.
Technical schools or college degree preferred, but not required. High School Degree or equivalent required. Two to Five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with Windows based PC’s and their related applications such as Excel and Word.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret production work instructions, routers and specifications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from operators and to upper management and auditors. Spanish skills language skills not required but would be an asset.
Knowledge of metal tube and wire drawing and centreless grinding is a plus.
- Knowledge of NiTiNol material is a plus.
- Duration: Temp to hire
- Shifts 1st and 2nd shift
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: 16hr. once on 2nd shift you will make $17.92hr with the shift differential
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.