Shelton, United States
almost 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist in LOCATION.
- Need 2 – 2nd Shift Lathe Operators
- Need 2 – 2nd Shift Mill Operators
For the 2nd Shift roles, we would have them train on 1st Shift for the first week and then move to 2nd Shift. The 2nd Shift hours are approximately 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC 2nd shift Lathe Operators & 2nd shift Mill Operators your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate close tolerance and precision plastic and metal parts. The machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine, and performs quality in process inspections.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Machinist will be responsible for but not limited to the following essential duties:
- Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Measure dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary following all procedures and work instructions
- Set up and operate machine for 1st piece to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data and performs in-process inspection
- Complete and maintain job traveler in accordance with company policy
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required
- Confer with Manufacturing Manager, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining issues
- Required to attend and complete job specific training and annual safety training
- Ensure safety methods and housekeeping practices are in place in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with the following:
- High School diploma
- Strong background in Set-Up and operating CNC Mills, Lathes and/or Swiss machines with Live tools
- Knowledge of Deawwoo, Moriseki and Fanuc controls
- Good understanding of ISO9001 / 13485
- Must have strong background with Titanium and Plastic
- Thorough understanding of measuring devices and gages, and ability to properly handle them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
- Experience in a production facility desired
- Duration: 2 month temp
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: $22.50
- Shift: 2nd Shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.