Shelton, United States
over 2 years ago
Requisition Title: Logistics Specialist
Description: Shift Hours: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Key Competencies Required
· Experience with SAP planning with focus on distribution center planning
· Strong SAP planning skillset, experienced with APO demand planning and alert monitors preferred
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Working knowledge of SAP tables and extraction of data methodology
· Thorough working knowledge of MRP and SAP ERP.
· Effective knowledge of STRs and STOs for supply/demand execution.
· Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
· Ability to work with and analyze large data sets
· 3+ years’ experience in planning finished goods products at distribution centers
· SAP planning knowledge with ECC. APO Demand Planning a plus
· Deep and thorough understanding/use of Excel and or Access
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· APICS certification preferred
As a member of the global planning organization, you will interact and work with other global distribution center planners. In addition you will analyze and manage independent demand materials to maintain sufficient supply according to forecast. Interface with purchasing team to insure required materials will be available when needed. Create, analyze and distribute various reports regarding requirements, progress, and fulfillment issues. Troubleshoot internal material issues using, MD04 and alert monitors, and or transfer issues. Manage considerable data sets of Master Data to support all facets of Distribution Center (DC) planning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in weekly meetings with other DC planners to review statuses and issues.
· Execute and review material forecasts and supply using MD04, reports and APO alerts and planning book.
· Input planning data into MRP/APO modules to support independent demands and DC requirements
· Work with New Product Introduction team on new product introductions for DC input
· Review & confirm STRs to STOs conversion on a daily basis
· Review delivery schedules with buyers, and other planners to ensure on time delivery requirements.
· Work with global order fulfillment regarding inventory staging to sales orders
· Maintain planning master data. Working with purchasing on master data consistencies using standard audit reports.
· Monitor KPIs and identify improvement actions
Requisition Start Date: 09/09/2019
Requisition End Date: 01/03/2020
Business Unit: Ops/DAS Discovery & Analytical Solutions
Site: Shelton, CT