Shelton, United States
18 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes the reconciling and monitoring of customer accounts in an effective and efficient manner that will ensure payments are received within established terms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make collection calls (verbal/written) for invoices 30 days past due
- Maintain “Over 90 day” A/R balance of assigned customer base to less than 3%
- Develop payment plans for customers as needed
- Reconcile customer accounts to ensure accuracy (address credits, correct misapplications of cash, enter billing adjustments, provide copies of missing invoices, etc.)
- Resolve customer disputes (i.e short pays)
- Distribute monthly statements/aging reports to assigned customer base
- Convert customers to electronic payments (i.e. wire, ach, credit card or paypal via customer portal)
- Convert customers to electronic invoicing via customer portal
- Maintain/update customer contact information
- Assist in other areas and with other duties as determined and assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Collections/ Accounts Receivable experience
- Effective verbal and written communication (bilingual – Spanish/English a plus)
- Current working knowledge of the applicable state/federal statutes and regulations
- Ability and willingness to work with other departments, the general public, and other personnel, furnishing and obtaining information.
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous follow up and analytical skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and ADP software (preferred).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com