Wallingford Center, United States
about 1 month ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an AP Specialist in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Enters all incoming invoices and other obligations approved through appropriate methods and ensures payments are made on a timely basis as set forth in the Commitment of Company Funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accounts Payable – Processes all incoming vendor invoices through Electronic Invoice Verification (EIV) system making sure all associated documents and approvals are valid and posted into SAP ERP system. Maintains file of A/P Documents and Reports. *
- Accounts Payable Checks -- Generates accounts payable selection report for check processing, prints report, and submits for review to appropriate personnel. Submits approved batch in JP Morgan for release by authorized individuals. *
- Manual Accounts Payable Checks – Generates accounts payable selection report for processing of manual checks, prints checks, submits for signature, mails signed checks to vendors, stamps invoices as paid and files check copy with invoice and associated backup. *
- Wires – Coordinates manual wire payments with Senior Accountant and posts to vendor accounts.
- Vendors -- Maintains vendor master data in SAP computer system using the New Vendor Workflow. Attaches W-9 and ACH/Banking information to vendor master file in SAP.
- 1099 Reporting – Records W-9 data in vendor master in SAP to process 1099 Forms at year-end. Prepares and files 1099 information with State/Federal agencies.
- Monthly Reporting – Maintains spreadsheets for electric, gas, nitrogen, propane, attorneys, warehouse charges, auditors and others as needed.
- Sales & Use Tax – Reviews tax data on vendor invoices for appropriate reporting and modifies as necessary.
- Month end Closing – Prepares month end journal entries and account reconciliations for related A/P functions,
- Travel & Entertainment Processing – Responsible to review and process T&E expense reports through Concur software system. Maintain master data and create reporting in Concur. Assure payments are made on a timely basis. Enters journal entry.
- Motus – Creates journal entry for employee vehicle program.
- Prepares month end KPI’s.
- Associates Degree and/or comparable job experience
- General computer knowledge
- General accounting knowledge
- Excellent figure aptitude
- Microsoft Office experience
- SAP experience preferred
- Duration: Temp to permanent
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org