Nashua, United States
over 2 years ago
The successful candidate will build optical/mechanical production sub-assemblies and final assemblies in accordance with Standard Assembly Procedures, ensuring full conformance to specification as well as generate and record assembly data and documentation including product and component traceability and test data.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform in process and final inspections of production products to assure conformance to quality standards, including serialization and packaging prior to shipment
- Interact with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Assurance to resolve problems and implement improvements
- Utilize a wide variety of small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers and pliers.
- Experience with cleanroom procedures
- Knowledge of optical/mechanical assemblies
- Previous experience with assembly fixtures, inspection tools, measurement instruments, i.e. micrometers, calipers, and electronic indicators, etc.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, functions well as part of a team.
- Extensive knowledge of production products, components, part prints optical/mechanical assemblies and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Assembly- smaller sub-assemblies as well as larger system assembly.
- Experience in electrical wiring. Ability to wire assemblies, read wiring diagrams, and crimp and solder wiring.
- J-STD-001 Crimp Terminal Certification in accordance with IPC standards
- Ability to read assembly and procedures and prints.