Title: (contract) Associate II, Quality Control
Location: Norwood, MA
Reports to: Manager, QC Preclinical
Seeking a Quality Control Associate I/II for a position based at their Norwood, MA site. The individual in this role will be responsible for analyzing Sanger sequencing data to support and make decisions for DNA/mRNA lot release. The role would also provide support for high throughput analytical assays (LC-MS and HPLC/UPLC) and routine laboratory support for bioassay methods, all for testing mRNA material that is manufactured in the Preclinical manufacturing suite. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new techniques and the drive to be a part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team.
Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting assays and equipment and support QC related investigations.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Analysis and reporting of data generated by Sanger sequencing.
- Analysis and reporting of results for QC bioassays and high throughput analytical assays to support QC lot release.
- Supports assay transfers and special projects as assigned.
- Establish and follow written procedures for assays and data analysis.
- Supports investigations for Preclinical QC.
- Performs general laboratory support activities including general equipment maintenance and housekeeping.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna safety procedures and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment.
- Write/revise SOPs, protocols and reports.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in an industry laboratory setting
- Familiarity with Sanger sequencing data and analytical techniques to evaluate nucleic acids, including spectroscopy (UV/vis, fluorescence), and separation techniques (UPLC, HPLC, LC/MS, CE)
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry data collection and analysis
- Some experience performing SDS-PAGE, and/or Western Blot analysis
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills