Wallingford Center, United States
about 1 month ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Batch Operator in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Batch Operator your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
- Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production applications
- Procedural – Understanding our procedures and our procedural format
- Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
- Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
- Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow manufacturing procedures involved with production batches
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel regarding their jobs and progress
- Maintain proper records of manufacturing data
- Follow procedures for product packaging
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Unload incoming bulk raw material shipments
- Load outgoing bulk finished goods shipments
- Perform minor maintenance of production equipment
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in plant area
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers according to procedure
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work Overtime as needed
- Employee will be required…
- Participate in job safety assessments, PHA’s, PSSR’s and MOC’s as needed
- complete batch paperwork as required
- to lift 25-55# bags from floor to height of 52 inches to load tanks (20-60 bags per batch)
- to pour 5-gallon buckets of liquid chemical from the floor to a height of 52” (weighing between 40-60#)
- to stock and unload liquid chemicals from the floor to heights up to 70 inches, at a weight of 40-60#
- to pull and lift hose (25#) to a height of 48 inches to fill tanks (up to 25 times per day)
- to wash vessels with hose
- to unload trucks filled with empty drums (up to 47#) and empty pails (up to 8#) at a constant rate and roll drum 30 feet
- to push/pull the mobile pump to fill tanks requiring 20# of force
- to push and pull 20’ hoses weighing up to 60# to offload and fill bulk tankers
- to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair/ladder climbing, and use a forklift personal platform (cage).
- to safely operator material handling equipment such as forklifts, swing lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- to safely operate production equipment
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Able to accurately read and execute manufacturing procedures
- Must be able to read and write English
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong math aptitude
- 5+ years of Chemical Manufacturing, experience with monitoring temperature, pressure, distillations, and filtration
- Duration: Could be permanent if you have experience. Or 6 months temp to hire.
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: $23-31hr. plus $2hr with shift differential.
- Benefits: Yes.
- Shift:2nd shift night shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org