ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with program managers with the coordination and execution of the of customers production build plan and material plan
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, and Production to develop Sales order scheduling. Track and manage daily manufacturing workload to optimize production loading. Provide feedback and suggestions to operation manager on how to improve the process and flow.
- Communicate and advise program management of the status of work-in-progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in schedule discrepancies. Work with Sales/sales coordinator, Project Manager to communicate with customer regarding any potential delay or postpone. Research order and delivery discrepancies and resolve MRP related issues. Take appropriate actions to corrective it and provide preventive action plan.
- Locate, purchase and confirm materials supply is available to meet demand. Resolve problems concerning over shipment, shortages, engineering changes and cancellation of orders. Monitor component shortage status.
- Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting process. Coordinate cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, and Shipping/Receiving to ensure open communication regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Coordinate and manage special projects as required. Oversee assistants as required by department structure and workload. Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within each process.
- Bachelors of Science (B. S.) degree in Business administration or experience and/or training in production planning in computer related industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience with production planning leadership.
- 3+ years’ experience using ERP/MRP or other systems. SAP a plus
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals and technical diagrams and procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
- SAP experience in the MRP order module is a plus
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, fellow employees and customers.
- Strong organizational skills.