US$20 - US$35 per hour
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Wire EDM roles in Holyoke, MA
Leads other associates that set-up and operate CNC Wire EDM centers such as manufactured by (but not limited to): Agie, Fanuc.
Supervise operators for which set-ups were made, check their quality and quantity of work, and perform and supervise hand work such as (but not limited to): De-burring using deburring tools and assembly.
Supervise and perform the work with Conventional machines such as (but not limited to): Horizontal milling machines, vertical milling machines (like Bridgeports), Drill Presses, Specialty Milling and Drilling machines, Punch Presses, Tapping Machines, etc.
Program Wire EDM Machines and provide process support as required. (E.g. Fixture and tooling design, wire selection and also estimate process times as required.
This job also performs certain other related work based on requests from the immediate supervisor and must comply with the AS9100 and ISO13485 Quality Management System.
Essential Job Functions and Minimum Requirements:
- Five (5) years prior CNC EDM center set-up and operating experience.
- Capability to train others to read and understand technical drawings, provide written and verbal instructions to have others perform technical work and operate CNC EDM centers.
- Capability to train in the use of inspection tools (like height gauge, optical comparators, thread gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, verniers, indicators, etc.) and teaching to check in-process work for adherence to certain specification and complete written inspection reports.
- Capable of teaching others Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and actively participate in the registration and audit process of AS 9100 and ISO 13485.
- Capable to teach others to set-up and operate CNC EDM machines without steady supervision and training.
- Ability to stand in front of machines for extended period of times and move freely from one machine to another.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 25 lbs without the use of lifting devices.
- Capable to teach others to operate more than one machine at one time.
- Capable to move part bins freely from one work station to another.
- Adequate vision to perform all duties (corrective lenses are acceptable).
- Sufficient hearing to distinguish unusual machine noises indicating machining difficulties.
- Capable of completing written reports regarding hours worked, jobs worked on, operations completed.
- Capable of counting parts and correctly perform arithmetic and trigonometry.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and capability to teach others normal CNC EDM requirements such program editing, inspection techniques, shop math, etc.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in making set-ups and working with machine controls.
- Assist the Engineering Department in creating Operation Sheets, Process Control Record Sheets (PCRs), and Routing for machining operations in your area of responsibility.
- Assist in production planning to maximize machine running time and reduce set-up time. Work to delivery schedules for complete customer satisfaction. Complying with company quality requirements, policies, and procedures as well as customer and government specifications and regulations.
- Research deviations from planned process (trouble shooting) and recommend corrective actions.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Holyoke, MA
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: Full Benefits
- Shift: 1st
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.