US$20 - US$27 per hour
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
We are currently seeking a 1st shift Grind Machinist to work for a client in Windsor, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Grind Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
CNC Machinist- Creep Feed Grinding.
- Perform set ups and operation of jobs, ensuring part conformance to specifications and requirements.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blue prints and work instructions/operations sheets.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages and verniers.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area in accordance with 6S principles.
- Comply with all safety regulations including wearing required protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years in aerospace manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC Machinery
- Exceptional mechanical ability and strong mathematical skills.
- Experience working with exotic metals, including Inconel, Rene, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
Please let me know if you come across any candidates that could fit this role. We are looking to move very fast on this role. We have had it open for 2 weeks (and thought since it was 1st shift we would get more resumes) but have not received any applicants.
Location: Windsor, CT.
Shift: The schedule is Monday through Friday (7-3:30pm).
Pay is depended on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.