Windsor, United States
10 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Milling Machinist 2nd shift in Windsor, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a CNC Milling Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Set up and operate complex milling jobs with minimal supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blue prints and work instructions/operations sheets.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages and dial calipers.
- Hold tight tolerances associated with the machining of precision parts.
- Work from established practices and overhaul manual instructions and procedures to perform a variety of duties to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- In addition to milling duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Provide training to others as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in an aerospace or high precision manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience operating CNC multi-axis Milling machine preferred
- Experience setting up and changing over jobs on CNC equipment
- Exceptional mechanical ability and strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues
- Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- Salary: dependent on experience
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 2nd
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.