Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Cnc Machinist to work for a company In Monroe CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to
Set up and operate multiple CNC machining centers per work instructions. Assist CNC operators in assigned area with day-to-day production. Set up and run new CNC programs and fixturing. Identify and recommend improvements to new and existing programs, documentation, fixturing and processes. Modify CNC programs if necessary to complete assigned tasks. Run production lots and maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment. Communicate with previous and following shifts to optimize Quality, Safety and Efficiency.
- Set up and operate CNC Vertical machining centers
- Set up and operate CNC Horizontal Machining centers (optional)
- Work with Engineering staff to modify tooling, programs and fixturing as needed
- Assists operators in assigned work area
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
- Perform inspection of machined product (including documentation of results).
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Assist in other work areas, including but not limited to, pre-form fabrication, lay-up, infiltration, and furnace operation.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years experience as CNC Machinist.
- Must have good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers and process sheets, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 85 pounds, or heavier, repeatedly.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, squat and walk about the facility.
- Duration: Direct Hire.
- Location: Monroe
Here is what we need.
- 1st shift CNC horizontal experience
- 1st shift grinding tech (surface grinding)
- 2nd shift CNC horizontal / 5 axis
- 2nd shift CNC vertical
- 3rd shift CNC vertical
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!