Trumbull, United States
4 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Collections Specialist for a company in Trumbull, CT. This is a Remote position.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Collections Specialist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Purpose: Responsible for resolving payment issues and ensuring proper collections.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: other duties may be assigned:
- Develop effective strategies to collect old outstanding accounts receivable.
- Identify clients with potential payment commitment problems and develop creative solutions to minimize bad debts
- Maintain consistent contact to ensure clients remain on a timely payment schedule
- Send delinquent notices for clients who are over 60 days past due
- Manage inbound calls and messages from individual voicemail box; inbound e-mails from individual e-mail account; and respond promptly to clients
- Adhere to daily follow-up list and complete each scheduled tasks
- Charge monthly payments via credit card for clients set up on various payment plans
- Maintain client records in client database and Accounting System
- Prepare accounts to be sent to outside collections agencies to assist in collections of past-due accounts
- Resolve client disputes in a professional manner
- Maintain client and employee confidentiality
- Be familiar with internal SOPs, policies, and practices
- Complete special projects as needed
- Participate in continuing education and training as required
- Responds effectively to changing constraints
- Adapts own behavior to suit the situation
- Able to 'zoom in' to detail quickly and accurately
- Checks information, picks up inconsistencies and mistakes
- Can make detailed comparisons between similar sources
- Socially capable - interacts confidently, reads the situation
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions
- Uses grammar, vocabulary, and style to describe situations, ideas, instructions etc.
- Structures communication logically
- Listens, responds to prompts, summarizes
- Undertakes complex scoping, planning and integration of people and resources
- Manages risks, plans for multiple contingencies
- Manages and measures multiple activities
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- Responds effectively to clear direction, follows set procedures
- Solves immediate problems, escalating where appropriate
- Sees individual tasks through to completion
- Prioritizes tasks
- Makes realistic estimates of time and resource requirements
- Monitors progress
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of two years customer service or billing experience. (combination of both preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use a 10 -key.
Benefits: Full Benefits available that can be purchased.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.