Controls Engineer- Hardware
Billerica, United States
about 4 years ago
Essential duties & responsibilities
Three key areas of responsibilities: Management, sustaining engineering of existing hardware, and design and development of the next generation controls scheme.
- Personnel and T&R workflow (Repairs, Incoming Inspection and Production Orders); Calibration of test equipment;
- Trouble-shooting production and customer issues when needed working with Product Engineering.
- Working knowledge of each Test Bench and understanding of the test protocols, procedures and documentation
- Updating and maintaining the manuals for each controller on the Diffusion Furnaces.
Design & Development:
- Design, document and program algorithms using PLC’s, smart controllers, and similar devices for the control of furnace and automation equipment.
- Recommends electrical hardware, instrumentation, sensors and controls for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Duties include technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting full product development projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of industrial equipment.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Plan perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to programmers, designers / drafters and support staff as required.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Travel required-The travel is four times a year to Europe for one week or less stay each time
Skills and knowledge
- Able to create and apply advanced control algorithms
- VB, C, C++, PLC Ladder
- Good technical writing skills & verbal communication
- Machine control circuits, motors, drives, sensors and instrumentation
- Computer (Microsoft Office Tools)
Education and experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience.
- Project Management background.