Woburn, United States
3 months ago
Cost Estimator / Procurement Specialist
Cost Estimator / Procurement specialist is responsible for the creation and maintenance of bills of materials and costs. Candidate must be proficient working with MRP/ERP systems, MS Excel and demonstrate a strong attention to detail. It is desirable for the candidate to possess a hands-on machining background and/or mechanical aptitude.
· Review Engineering Masters of previous days orders for accuracy
· Reviewing part-level drawing for manufacturing.
· Asist the Material’s and Design depart with “make/buy” decisions.
· Update costs In ERP for quoting of repeat business to capture cost changes for out plant processes and purchased components.
· Prepare costs for new products and keypunch into MRP. Cost piece parts, connectors, and cable assemblies (as examples) using data from live and legacy business systems.
· Requisition quotes for discrete manufactured components from outside machine shops and raw material from distributors. To support project management; communicate with the team through excel sheets and not limited to, verbal review at regularly scheduled meeting.
· Update costs of products in ERP due to engineering change process
· Update costs of purchased and manufactured parts as needed
· AS degree or actively pursuing.
· Experience with ERP Systems
· Proficient with Excel and other MS Office products
· Skilled in the interpretation of mechanical drawings and material specifications is a plus. ASME Y14.5 knowledge a must.
· GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) knowledge a plus.
· Lathe turning and milling experience highly desirable.
· Cost Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)