Chelmsford, United States
5 months ago
Desktop Engineer (Microsoft SCCM / Intune)
The Desktop Engineer is responsible for the development, design, and implementation of the enterprise desktop and laptop systems. They will provide technical research for change, maintenance and enhancement to existing technologies as well as implementation of new technologies and end user devices. This person will work with end users to define corporate needs and to understand established procedures; they will use this information to build standard corporate desktop environments.
- Develop, manage, and implement new hardware configurations.
- Maintain existing desktop configurations.
- Define and document processes and standards for common image and security update deployment schedules.
- Audit and analyze data to ensure process are followed and standards are maintained.
- Stay current with industry technologies, evaluate existing systems and infrastructure, identify and advocate solutions for continuous improvement.
- Build system images and application packages for Windows 10 systems.
- SCCM administration, software packaging, and deployment.
- Microsoft Intune administration and deployment.
- Qualify new hardware/software, coordinate package releases, endpoint protection, monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Develop methodologies for testing hardware/software performance and provide statistics.
- 3-7 Years progressive experience in a Systems Admin/Engineering, or Technical Support role.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry-related curriculum).
- System Center Configuration Manager administration.
- Functional understanding of networking concepts; routing, switching, firewalls & protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, SSL, TLS, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP).