North Brandfod, United States
about 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer in Branford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Field Service Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The role of the Field Service Engineer is to provide professional service and support customers by performing field service. This includes machine installation, commissioning, startup, training end users, repairs, remote assistance (via portal and or phone), preventative maintenance and production support when not traveling. The Field Service Engineer will work within the guidelines and will follow the established procedures.
Responsibilities: Support and Service of Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Install new equipment, ensuring all components and assemblies are properly integrated
- Application support to meet customer expectations
- Phone service and on-site trouble shooting and repair
- Prepare service reports to document activities
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations
- Identify and coordinate parts required for repair with customer and service department
- Conduct repairs under sterile conditions using aseptic technique
- Suggest / recommend spare parts / corrective actions, providing written service call reports to service department / customers
- Keep accurate records of all hours logged, inventory parts used, and services performed
- Work in machine shop to assist production when not traveling to client sites
- Travel to North American customer sites, complete drug, alcohol, and safety testing per individual client requirements
- Travel to German headquarters for training and factory acceptance testing of new machinery with customers
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean MVR
- Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities
Hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical devices
Ability to use voltmeter, oscilloscope and basic hand tools is required
Advanced mechanical and pneumatic skills
Engineering experience is helpful
Prior experience with automation, industrial machines, robotics a plus
Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics, and machine specifications
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems creatively and independently
Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, able to work independently and respond to emergency situations, well organized
Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations
Ability to troubleshoot program logic automation, servo’s, profibus, canbus, device net, Ethernet, sensors actuators
PLC programming (Siemens S7, Jetter and Allen Bradley Control Logix)
Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Siemens NX7 Teamcenter engineering software
Knowledge of FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environments
Good understanding of cGMP requirements, change control, gown qualification
Good health and physical ability are necessary to enter aseptic clean rooms
Availability for substantial travel within North America
Education and/or Experience:
Electronics, Mechanical or Mechatronics Technology Associate Degree, Technical degree or certification in electrical work, electronics repair, or similar field with at least to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duration: Direct Hire permanent
Location: North Branford, CT.
Travel: This position requires up to 75% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight within
the following locations: commutable to North Branford, CT
Salary: We can expand on details that on pay, travel and training.
Hours: M-F, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm – Overtime likely
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com