Manchester, United States
over 2 years ago
Field Service Engineer - Medical Device
The Field Service Engineer will serve as the customer contact on operational and service related problems. They will also diagnose electro-mechanical hardware, software and system failures using established procedures. The selected candidate will determine the most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime and prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience installing and servicing complex medical equipment as well as evaluating, troubleshooting, and resolving design issues related to such installations and servicing.
About the role:
- Provides in-house/in-field servicing, testing and maintenance of complex Medical equipment according to instructions and company guidelines to ensure that customers’ equipment operates efficiently at all times.
- Provide phone/remote support to customers as required to achieve resolution of service needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain/Input detailed records of service visits into company information systems (Test Track), including technical problems, actions taken and parts employed to repair system.
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation in order to permanently keep informed regarding all operating characteristics, design factors, and technical performance of assigned products.
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness according to Company’s Quality systems.
- Associates in an Engineering or related experience
- Three - five years’ experience repairing electro/mechanical equipment (Medical Device preferred)
- Knowledge of working in an FDA regulated environment preferred
- Ability to read schematics and assembly drawings
- Use common tools and mechanical fixtures
- Strong electro-mechanical and pneumatic troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer focused attitude
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Willing to travel up to 75% throughout United States